This ridiculously easy one pan Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice recipe will become a new weeknight staple – guaranteed. 8 Ingredients. 30 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
We are always looking for new ways to make dinner in a flash, especially recipes that don’t include the oven! Even though cooking is our job – we do not enjoy spending hours slaving away in the kitchen every single day.
This one pan Cheesy Cauliflower Rice recipe is made with both cream cheese and cheddar cheese for that extra punch of creamy cheesiness.
Then, adding some broccoli and chicken makes it both filling and delicious. It’s always great when a yummy meal like this packs a ton of veggies! We love serving this recipe with a simple salad, like our yummy Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad or even our Cucumber Onion Salad.
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice:
- Chicken Breasts
- Diced Onion
- Cauliflower Rice
- Broccoli Florets
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice:
- Add the onion, chicken, garlic, spices, salt and pepper to a large skillet with a bit of cooking oil.
- Sauté over a high heat until the chicken is almost cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- Lower to a medium heat, then add the cauliflower rice, broccoli and chicken stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add the cream cheese to the mixture in the pan and stir until melted and combined.
- Taste test and add more salt if needed. Let it simmer for a minute or two!
- Top with cheddar cheese. Slide until the broiler and wait until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!
Yes, cauliflower is very low in carbs (5g per cup) and has plenty of nutritional benefits. It is one of the healthiest vegetables and therefore, great on the Keto diet and for weight-loss.
Cauliflower has a bland, neutral taste and slight bitter tones. Because of it’s bland flavor, it also tends to absorb other flavors of the dish it is cooked in. Therefore, cauliflower rice does great as a “filler” ingredient – which makes it an excellent low carb and keto substitute for rice.
Fresh cauliflower rice freezes very well and can last in your freezer for up to 6 months.
If you’re wondering whether you can freeze cheesy cauliflower rice with broccoli and chicken, then it’s a different story. While you certainly can freeze it, you will definitely notice a degraded texture and flavor once thawed and reheated.
Get an Easy 30-Minutes Recipes Ebook
Cheesy Cauliflower Rice with Broccoli and Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken, onion, garlic, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper and cook uncovered for 5 -10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower rice, broccoli and chicken stock. Allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the broccoli tender.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted and well combined.
- Top with the grated cheddar and slide under the broiler until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley, and serve.
- Don’t be scared to add more seasoning or cheese – this is a simple recipe that can easily be spruced up to your own taste.
- You can use frozen cauliflower rice or make your own but pulsing some raw cauliflower in a food processor a few times.
This recipe was first published on December 12, 2018 and updated on January 27, 2020 to include detailed step-by-step instructions.
More Dinner Recipes:
Did You Make This Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!