Tater Tots. Mmmmm. Who doesn’t love them? Seriously…what kind of a person can resist those delicious little deep fried balls of potato? If you don’t love them, then we can’t be friends (I’m just kidding). I love them a little too much, and I know I shouldn’t. That’s how I knew they needed to be Chirpy-fied! Simple Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli Tots to the rescue!
It’s packed with 2 nutritious vegetables, egg and cheeeeeese… little enough cheese to keep it healthy, but more than enough to make those veggies extra tasty! Nobody can complain about that!
So, we’re almost at the last week of April! Do you know what that means…? No? Well, it means that in exactly 2 days, Cody and I are heading to Asheville, NC for a week ????, to elope ????. The reason we decided to elope was because of the complications involved with being from two different countries, AND the fact that I was never the kind of person that agreed or believed in the whole concept of a “wedding”. Cody is indifferent either way, so we decided after long and hard contemplation that eloping was what was best for us. That gives us money to spend on experiences, rather than a party. Like scratching “hot air balloon ride” off my bucket list, for one ????!
Not that there’s anything wrong with a party, of course. We just don’t like to party haha. Some family members on both sides have told us that we’re probably going to have the most stress-free “wedding” of all time, when in reality it’s probably more stressful to go against the norm and not have a wedding. Not everybody understands or approves of this decision, but we hope that in time, they will come to accept it. We are happy and excited about next week, and that is, after all, the only thing that truly matters.
On that note, Chirpy will be M.I.A. next week, for obvious reasons 🙂 So, expect to see us again on May 2!
Back on the topic of these Simple Cheese Cauliflower Broccoli Tots, though (Phew, it got a little serious for second haha) – these little things are really simple and basic (and definitely tasty). So, don’t be scared to spice them up a little if you are so inclined! They are perfect as an accompaniment to breakfast, or even as an appetizer!
We gobbled up the entire batch as soon as I pulled them out of the oven. It tasted perfect dipped in some organic marinara. Next time we’ll try to pace ourselves and try to save some for breakfast the next morning. I don’t know if we’ll succeed, but we’ll definitely give it a try!
Hope everyone has a good weekend! 😀 (PS. Don’t forget – We’ll be back May 2!)
- 1 • small cauliflower head [cut into florets - approximately 3 cups]
- 1 • small broccoli head [cut into florets - approximately 3 cups]
- 1 • egg
- 1 cup • shredded cheddar
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the cauliflower and broccoli and cook for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets into a food processor and process until fine. You can leave it chunkier if you desire.
- Use a clean tea towel or cheese cloth to squeeze the extra moisture from the cauliflower and broccoli.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the cheese. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Lastly, stir in the egg and then form into tots.
- Place the tots on a prepared baking sheet and slide into the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
Pin it! Simple Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli Tots