This is an easy recipe for homemade unsweetened almond milk. It only needs 2 ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare.
It's quick to make and more budget-friendly than store-bought almond milk!
It works well for Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Keto, Paleo and Whole30 meal plans.
You will need:
- Soak some almonds overnight.
- Blend with filtered water until completely smooth.
- Strain the milk through a tea towel.
- Serve cold or store in the fridge.
Almond milk is naturally sugar-free, low in carbs, and low in calories. It's an excellent dairy alternative for a vegetarian, vegan or dairy-free diet.
For sweetness, add a spoon or two of honey. Add a few drops of vanilla extract to taste. Whisk in some cocoa powder.
Easy Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 6 cups filtered water
- Cover the almond in water and allow to soak overnight in the fridge.
- Rinse and put the almonds into a blender.
- Add the 6 cups of filtered water. (If all 6 cups don't fit into your blender, use as much as you can, and add the remainder after).
- Blend on high until completely smooth. At least 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture through a nut milk bag or clean tea towel and squeeze all the water out.
- Transfer to a jug with lid and refrigerate.