This is a super simple, but incredibly addictive iced mocha recipe. Rich chocolate coffee flavor “on the rocks”!
Make this refreshing drink in only 5 minutes using 3 ingredients (not including water and ice). It’s gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and keto friendy!
You will need:
- instant coffee
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- full cream milk
- hot water
- cold water
- ice cubes
- Add the instant coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener of choice into a glass. (Photo 1, 2 & 3)
- Add the hot water and stir until everything is dissolved. (Photo 4 & 5)
- Add the cold water to cool everything down a bit. (Photo 6)
- Add the ice cubes. (Photo 7)
- Slowly pour the milk. (Photo 8)
Mocha is typically prepared with a 1:2 ratio of espresso and steamed milk, with added chocolate syrup.
It depends on the preparation. If it’s made with chocolate syrup (a popular method), then yes, it is sweet.
It tastes like cold iced coffee with an extra layer of rich chocolate flavor.
It depends on the type of sweetener you use. Without sweetness, you’re looking at just 114 calories per serving.
- Add the coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener into a large glass.
- Add the boiling water and stir until everything is properly mixed and dissolved.
- Add the cold water.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and enjoy the magic.
- Stir well, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- You’ll definitely get the best results using Full Cream Milk, but feel free to substitute to Almond Milk if you’re dairy-free.