This is a super simple, but incredibly addictive Iced Mocha recipe. Rich chocolate coffee flavor “on the rocks”. 4 Ingredients. 5 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Sugar-Free. Low-Carb and Keto Friendly.
There’s nothing better than an iced coffee on a hot day. An icy cold, deliciously refreshing chocolate caffeine boost. Let’s start with the basics…
What Is An Iced Mocha?
Mocha is typically prepared with a 1:2 ratio of espresso and steamed milk, with added chocolate syrup. Which means that an Iced Mocha is, well, a regular Mocha served cold. Icy cold.
Is An Iced Mocha Sweet?
Whether an iced Mocha is sweet or not, depends on the preparation. If it’s made with chocolate syrup (a popular method), then yes, it is sweet.
Having it slightly sweet is definitely preferable and with our Iced Mocha recipe, the level of sweetness is 100% up to you!
So, What Does Iced Mocha Taste Like?
It’s hard to describe what coffee tastes like (think a rich aroma with bitter, sweet, and even sour notes). Some people say that coffee has a bit of the same taste notes of chocolate. Thus, making it a perfect complement to the taste of chocolate.
An Iced Mocha tastes like cold iced coffee with an extra layer of rich chocolate flavor.
In other words, DELICIOUS.
How Many Calories Are In An Iced Mocha?
So, what’s great about our simple recipe is the fact that the calorie count is in your hands. It all depends on the sweetener you prefer to use.
Without sweetness, you’re looking at just 114 calories per serving. Not bad, right?
So, your sweetener of choice is the only thing that will affect this. I like to use powdered sweetener which adds no extra calories.
How To Make An Iced Mocha:
Our Iced Mocha recipe is made with instant coffee, unsweetened cocoa powder, a little bit of water, and milk. The sweetness and type of sweetener is up to you. So here’s more details on how to make an Iced Mocha better than Starbucks right at home:
The Ingredients You Need:
- Instant Coffee
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Full Cream Milk*
- Hot Water
- Cold Water
- Ice Cubes
*You’ll definitely get the best results using Full Cream Milk, but feel free to substitute to Almond Milk if you’re dairy-free.
- Add the instant coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener of choice into a glass. (Photo 1, 2 & 3)
- Add the hot water and stir until everything is dissolved. (Photo 4 & 5)
- Add the cold water to cool everything down a bit. (Photo 6)
- Add the ice cubes. (Photo 7)
- Slowly pour the milk. (Photo 8) Now, enjoy the oddly satisfying way the milk mixes with the everything else. Stir with a straw. (We LOVE these reusable BAMBOO STRAWS!) (Photo 6)
And there you have it! An Iced Mocha is the ultimate drink for a hot day, and it is oh so satisfying. It’s a personal favorite and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Looking For More Healthy Keto Coffee Recipes?
For other yummy (and healthy) low carb and keto coffee recipes, we’ve rounded up the best tried and tested recipes from other wonderful bloggers in our Keto Coffee Roundup.
Did You Make This Iced Mocha Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!
- Add the coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener into a large glass.
- Add the boiling water and stir until everything is properly mixed and dissolved.
- Add the cold water.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and enjoy the magic.
- Stir well, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- You’ll definitely get the best results using Full Cream Milk, but feel free to substitute to Almond Milk if you’re dairy-free.