This is a super simple, but incredibly addictive and easy iced mocha recipe. Rich chocolate coffee flavor “on the rocks”!
Make this refreshing drink in only 5 minutes using 3 simple ingredients (not including water and ice). It's gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and keto friendy!
You will need:
- instant coffee
- unsweetened cocao powder
- full cream milk
- hot water
- cold water
- ice cubes
- Add the instant coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener of choice into a glass. (Photo 1, 2 & 3)
- Add the hot water and stir until everything is dissolved and blended. (Photo 4 & 5)
- Add the cold water to cool everything down a bit. (Photo 6)
- Add the ice cubes. (Photo 7)
- Slowly pour the milk. (Photo 8)
Now, you can sweeten your iced mocha with whatever suits your personal diet: honey, maple syrup, artificial sweetener, etc.
There’s nothing more refreshing on a hot day than cold coffee and this easy recipe will be sure to please!
Mocha is typically prepared with a 1:2 ratio of espresso and steamed milk, with added chocolate syrup.
It depends on the preparation. If it's made with chocolate syrup (a popular method), then yes, it is sweet.
It tastes like cold iced coffee with an extra layer of rich chocolate flavor.
It depends on the type of sweetener you use. Without sweetness, you're looking at just 114 calories per serving.
- ½ tablespoon instant coffee (we like Nescafe Gold)
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (we like this one)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sweetener (optional - use you own favorite sweetener to taste)
- ¾ cup full cream milk
- ⅛ cup boiling water
- ⅛ cup cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add the coffee, cocoa powder and sweetener into a large glass.
- Add the boiling water and stir until everything is properly mixed and dissolved.
- Add the cold water.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and enjoy the magic.
- Stir well, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- You’ll definitely get the best results using Full Cream Milk, but feel free to substitute to Almond Milk if you’re dairy-free.
What full cream milk did everyone use?
This tastes just like starbucks
I added chocolate syrup and it was *chefs kiss*
Omg so goood!! Def a new favorite!