Who doesn’t love meatballs??
Not only are meatballs ridiculously easy to make, but they can be made in such a variety of ways – you’ll probably never run out of ideas and it’s like a new meal every time.
Chicken meatballs is something a bit more interesting, although not original by any means. Our chicken zucchini meatballs adds a funky vegetable twist to make this easy meatball recipe even yummier.
What I love about our chicken meatballs is that they are absolutely bomb.com in the flavor department, but also completely healthy.
Whole 30, Paleo, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free – It ticks all the boxes.
We also completely love to serve these chicken meatballs with our equally compliant Easy Blender Romesco Sauce. Combine these two quick and easy recipes and you’ll have a lip-smacking dinner on the table in no time at all.
How to make easy Chicken Zucchini Meatballs:
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender (Love me some blender recipes!): Chicken breast (or ground chicken if you can find it), zucchini, half an onion, an egg, garlic cloves, and a couple of spices.
- Blend it together until properly combined.
- Get dirty! Form the raw chicken concoction into meatball sized bites – this recipe should give you about 24 meatballs depending on how big you decide to roll them.
- Heat up a pan and give the meatballs a bit of a sear for a minute or two on each side.
- Toss them into a lined baking tray and pop them into a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Voilà! Meatballs!
You’ll find that when rolling the meatballs, they are pretty sticky and the mixture is soft, but if you’re careful when adding them to the pan they should stay together perfectly.
By not adding any sort of flour to them, we ensure they are complete wholesome and healthy. As usual, when possible we try to steer completely clear of any processed ingredients.
If you need another healthy and delicious meatball recipe – give our Spanakopita Meatballs with Tzatziki a try! We also have a great round-up of uber delicious recipes from other bloggers here: 10 Wholesome Recipes with Meatballs.
Pin It! Chicken Zucchini Meatballs!
Easy Chicken Zucchini Meatballs Recipe and Nutritional Information/Calories:
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1lb/400g)
- 2 cups roughly chopped zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blits until fine and well combined.
Roll into bite-sized meatballs (don’t worry if they seem a bit too sticky or loose – they’ll stay together perfectly once you sear them).
Heat up a pan and sear the meatballs in a bit of oil for a minute or two on each side until they get a light golden color. You might need to do 2 batches.
Transfer the meatballs to a lined baking tray and pop in the oven for 10 minutes. Double check that the meatballs are cooked in the center.