This is THE BEST easy Keto Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe. Made with just 4 fresh ingredients and 35 minutes total time – it’s simple, but actually delicious! Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
If there’s one thing the Keto diet did – it’s thrust Cauliflower into the spotlight. Low in carbs and packed full of nutrients, it’s neutral (maybe even bland) taste just begs to be transformed into all kinds of delicious things!
One of the original cauliflower transformations came in the form of pizza! A low-carb keto pizza crust from cauliflower? Oh yes! If done the right way (like our easy recipe) you’re not only having a pretty delicious crispy pizza, but a healthy and Keto friendly one (which is great for weight-loss of course).
Let’s jump right in!
How To Make Keto Cauliflower Pizza?
So, what is cauliflower pizza crust made of? Well, cauliflower (duh!), and few other simple wholesome ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Oregano, Salt and Pepper
- Blend the cauliflower into small rice-sized pieces (or just buy cauliflower rice to save a step!). (Photo 1)
- Put the cauliflower rice into a microwave save bowl, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Allow it to cool down for a few minutes. (Photo 2)
- Dump the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and squeeze the water out. This is very important – spend some extra time to really get as much liquid out as you possible can. The dryer the cauliflower, the crispier the end product. (Photo 3 & 4)
- In a mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and all the rest of the ingredients. Mix until it forms a ball of “dough”. (Photo 5)
- Use your hands to press down the dough on baking paper into an evenly flat and round pizza crust. (Photo 6)
- Bake in a pre-heated (380F/180C) oven for 25-30 minutes. Until the pizza is golden all over and browning on the edges. (Photo 7)
- Remove from the oven and immediately add your desired toppings. We used our homemade 5 Minutes Keto Marinara Sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. (Photo 8)
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Cut into slices, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately! We love dipping the pizza slices into our yummy Celery Ranch Dressing.
How To Get A Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
In my experimentation with a keto cauliflower pizza, I found that the number one most important step is SQUEEZING THE WATER OUT. I cannot stress this enough.
You want to squeeze your cauliflower filled tea-towel until you can’t get a single drop of water out anymore. The dryer the cauliflower before mixing with the rest of the ingredients, the better the end product.
This is how you get crispy edges and a pizza slice that you can comfortably picked up by hand, just like regular pizza.
What To Put On Cauliflower Pizza Crust?
The amazing thing about a delicious cauliflower pizza crust, is that you can spruce it up in the exact same way you spruce up a regular pizza. Especially with our recipes, that is firm, crispy and keeps its shape when you pick up a slice!
We always start with a base of our homemade 5 Minute Marinara Sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese and whichever toppings we have at hand.
Here’s a list of some of our personal favorite pizza toppings and flavor combinations for your to consider putting on your own cauliflower pizza crust:
- Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion and Green Pepper
- Pulled Pork, Red Onion, and BBQ sauce
- Shredded Chicken, and BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Chicken, Mushrooms and Homemade Mayonnaise
- Prosciutto, Cherry Tomatoes, and Fresh Basil Leaves
- Bacon and Avocado
How Many Calories and Carbs In A Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
The beauty of this healthy pizza crust is that it’s basically ALL vegetable. With only 366 calories per serving (half a pizza), which is 91 calories per slice (without your chosen toppings), you really can’t go wrong.
On that topic – Don’t be mislead by the size of the pizza: While it seems very small, it is very filling! Take your time, savor every bite and you’ll definitely be satisfied!
One serving contains 11g net carbs, which is less than 3g of carbs per slice. Not bad for pizza, eh?
You can also check out this great article on LiveScience.com for a more in depth look at the nutritional data of cauliflower. See it HERE.
Are You Looking For Other Yummy Cauliflower Recipes:
If this recipe doesn’t tickle your fancy, we’ve also got a yummy Instant Pot Pizza Soup recipe!
If not, here’s some other easy recipes with cauliflower from our archives, as well as our personal favorites from other great bloggers:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice with Broccoli and Chicken
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Creamed Spinach
- 9 Keto Recipes with Cauliflower
- One Pan Tandoori Fish and Garlic Butter Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Gnocchi with Bacon Cream Sauce
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks by PoshInProgress.com
- Keto Loaded Cauliflower Casserole by GreenAndKeto.com
Have You Made This Keto Cauliflower Pizza Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!
Keto Cauliflower Pizza
For The Crust:
- 700g/25oz cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
Optional Toppings: (Adjust To Own Taste)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Cut the cauliflower head into smaller pieces. Blend the pieces into a fine “snow”. It should make about 3.5 to 4 cups of snow.
- Put the cauliflower snow into a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Dump the cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea-towel or cheese cloth and squeeze all the liquid out. This is a very important step. You need to squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Put the cauliflower back into a bowl. Add the egg, parmesan, salt, oregano and mix until it becomes a little ball of “dough”.
- Press the “dough” out into a thin circle [1/4″/0.5cm] on non-stick baking paper on a oven tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove, add toppings and slide under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until everything is melted and bubbly.
Tips and Tricks:1. See the Step-By-Step instructions in the blog post for an in-depth look at making this recipe. 2. When squeezing the water out of the cauliflower, you need to make sure you get out every last drop. The dryer the cauliflower, the better the end product!
This recipe was first published on August 28, 2015 and was updated on 29 January 2020 to include detailed step-by-step instructions and faqs.